Pros and Cons of Ecigs
Ever since vaping made its debut, the pros and cons of ecigs has been one of the most hotly debated subjects in vaping and smoking circles.
And for good reason.
The dangers of tobacco cigarettes have been in the public domain since as far back as the 1600’s.
But it was not until the masses became more enlightened that they started giving thought to the issue, more so in the 1950s and 1960s when a series of major medical reports linking smoking to a host of serious diseases were released.
Problem is, there really wasn’t an effective alternative to help smokers kick the habit.
Whether it is nicotine patches, nicotine gum, inhalers or quitting cold turkey, what worked for Joe didn’t guarantee the same results for Fred.
Neither have unconventional approaches like acupuncture, laser therapy, or hypnotherapy proved too effective for some who dare explore these alternatives.
The vaping culture has caught on like wildfire, and the outcome has seen the tide turn on smoking. For the first time in 2016, smoking rates in England fell the lowest since records began, continuing a year-on-year decline that has been witnessed since circa 2010.
The prime driver?
Yup – Vaping.
While the sale of smoking substitutes like nicotine patches and gum have sharply declined, electronic cigarette sales have been on the up.
So it really is no surprise to hear the pros and cons of ecigs remains a hot button topic to date.
But what are they exactly?
Pros of Ecigs
- Estimates have shown vaping is significantly cheaper than smoking with a pack-a-day smokers looking at potential savings of up to £3,795 a year. That figure goes up the more when you take advantage of the coupons and deals ran by many online e-cig stores.
- Still on the subject of cost, the vaping market offers a wide array of different products in different price categories. From cheap juices to top-shelf e-liquids, disposable vapes to sophisticated mods, there are price points to suit every wallet.
- Electronic cigarettes give you total control over your nicotine intake. E-liquids are available in a range of tobacco strengths, ranging from 0mg to high-strength nicotine. If you are looking to quit smoking, you can start off with the high nic levels and gradually work it down to the point you are even able to eliminate it completely.
- Unlike traditional cigarettes, e cigarettes have no obnoxious odours. You won’t end up with bad breath or stink up your home or car.
- Electronic cigarettes come with flavours for every palate. There are more flavours than you can sample in a lifetime, grouped into categories such as fruit, dairy, dessert, foods, beverages, menthol and tobacco. New ones are also being developed every day so you always have something to look forward to.
- Most vape devices offer ease of use and do not require any prior experience. Some are as easy to activate as taking a simple draw and, voila, they automatically engage.
- Unlike regular cigarettes, electronic cigarettes afford users control over vapour output – whether you prefer low vapour with enhanced flavour or want to be ostentatious by cloud chasing, you have options regarding how you want to vape.
Cons of Ecigs
- As much as they are billed to be potentially safer than tobacco cigarettes, the long-term health effects of vaping are still largely unknown as they only went mainstream about a decade ago.
- E cigarettes, and especially their batteries, are potential health hazards if you tamper with your device setup. Unless you know what you are doing, it’s nice to avoid tinkering with the battery or making alterations.
- The endless choices when it comes to hardware and e-juice can be a bit overwhelming for beginners, especially when you compare it to the relative ease of settling for a cigarette brand and lighting up.
- While vaping is significantly cheaper than smoking, the habit doesn’t come for free. There are cumulative costs involved which can add up over time, especially if your vaping can be classified in the “too much” category.
There you have it ladies and gentlemen, the pros and cons of ecigs.
While every good thing that has its advantages comes with its share of downsides, the pros of vaping by far outweigh the cons.